Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Peach cobbler makes everything better.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I've still got the flu. I said I was OK, but I lied. Will it ever go away? And even though I can hardly eat anything, and I should be sipping soup or something, I've still got my pregnancy cravings to attend to. So first thing this morning, I decided it was time for a delicious Tia-safe peach cobbler. Who needs soup anyways?

This recipe is both vegan, and gluten free. Among other things...

Tia-friendly peach cobbler:
The guts.
-2 cans of organic peaches, drained
-1 heaping spoonful of tapioca flour (sub cornstarch, arrowroot)
-sprinkle cinnamon

The cobbler topping.
-1 1/2 cups cake mix (I used Namaste brand, in vanilla).
-1/2 cup brown sugar.
-1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
-5 tablespoons vegan shortening.

Instructions:
-preheat oven to 350.
-grease dish.
-mix the guts in a bowl.
-mix the cobbler crumble in a seperate bowl.
-sprinkle 1/3 cobbler topping along bottom of dish.
-pour in peach mixture.
-sprinkle remaining cobbler crumbles on top.
-bake about 30 minutes, or until it looks nice and crispy :)

12 comments:

BeckyKay August 26, 2008 at 10:43 AM  

Yummy! I haven't made a peach cobbler in ages!

Moonchild Dancing! August 26, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

Oh that looks amazing! I am so going to try this.. another recipe to add to my box. I hope you feel better soon, awww. *sending gentle pregnancy hugs*

kim* August 26, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

yummmmmmmmmmmmm! i need that righ t now.

melissa August 26, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

Looks so yummy! I'm going to make this.

Rosebud Collection August 26, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

That looks great..You did a wonderful job..funny how food always makes things right..

Anonymous,  August 26, 2008 at 2:36 PM  

Ohh, if you were my neighbor - I would have wandered over as soon as I smelled that yummy looking baked good.

(feed better!)

Anonymous,  August 26, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Oh my I think I died and went to heaven :-) My all time favorite desert. I grew up eating peach cobbler and never mastered making it yet. Thanks for posting this as I am going to try this recipe :-)

Unknown August 26, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

Mmmmmmm... I want some. That looks fabulous.

Diana August 26, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

Aaah! I didn't even know you were sick!!! Poor, poor baby. Poor little pregnant baby! How absolutely terrible. I really hope you're on the mend, now, and that this marks the last of your not feeling good for quite some time (sleeplessness and body claustrophobia aside).

That cobbler looks delicious. I hope you are able to glut, glut, glut and still feel ok. You and tiny growing baby need all the sustenance you can get!

I love your new photo and avatar! Hope Christopher's finger is healing well. My husband is also of the butterfinger variety. You gotta love 'em.

xox

The Bookish Life August 26, 2008 at 9:15 PM  

YUMMMM

I've been sick, too. It's very disenchanting to have cold/flu junk in the summer. Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Pretty Fun August 26, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

Oh my gosh, that looks delicious! I love cobbler with a little milk over it. Mmmmmm...

Post a Comment