Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Multiple choice answers.

Friday, September 19, 2008

So based on the above picture, how do you think I spent my evening? A) Bird watching B) Making mixed media collages, or C) Nesting like a pregnant woman on crack? Right... C. It started while I was sitting outside reading my BUST magazine. Don't you just love BUST day? The greatest mail day of the bi-monthly. Nothing can go wrong with a brand new BUST magazine in hand. Nothing. That's a fact. So anyways, there I am sitting outside in the shade watching my whiny 2 year old daughter complain about how outside isn't fun enough for her, even though shes been begging to play outside all day. I'm reading my magazine, swatting flies off of me left and right, when I get inspired. Who doesn't get inspired when reading BUST? So I jumped up... OK, more like struggled to get up, and went into the garage to find some long lost craft supplies. What I found instead, was a dump. Christopher's garage = the NY city dump. Seriously. Frustrated and no longer happily motivated, I stomp into the house and realize its even worse in here. It wasn't until I was in the middle of frantically scrubbing the base of my blender and its cord, that I realized, "Oh... I'm nesting". I stopped what I was doing, glanced around at the freshly polished flour, sugar, coffee, and tea canisters, and kind of bit my lip in a guilty manner. Christopher comes through the door, probably frightened of me, and after I announce "...I'm nesting", he replies with "Ooooh. Well, that makes sense". But we all know what he was really thinking, haha.


15 comments:

The Bookish Life September 19, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

ooooh nesting already?

it's really weird how that works. the day before my son was born I totally cleaned out a CLOSET which is something I never ever do.

I love that collage print.

And I am totally with you about BUST day!

Hyla September 19, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

Wait till you start cleaning the walls....................

~Hyla
http://earthyfinds.blgospot.com

Ms. Jessie September 19, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

I was really bad about nesting. and is was worse because I lived in other peoples houses so I couldnt really do a whole lot.

Anonymous,  September 19, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Multiple Choice stresses me out (what if I picked the wrong answer?!) Thanks for the laughs though...You're welcome to come shine my cansiters as well; they are in desparate need!

Jennifer September 19, 2008 at 9:36 AM  

Great story and I love thepics you chose...Can I borrow some of that nesting..I need to clear some stuff out!

Kim Caro September 19, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

i dont read bust....maybe i should! i want my days to start off happy pappy.

genuinelygreen September 19, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

Nesting is like being on drugs! I just takes over, and before you know it, you're frenetically scraping the far reaches of the fridge. It's great fodder for conversations about the craziness of pregnancy later, though. LOL.

kiddlebug September 19, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

That is a beautiful print. I wish that I had the get up and go to feather my nest. (not for the same reason as you however!)

jessicajane September 19, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

hahaha, but we all know what he was really thinking.

When I get in those kind of moods and clean like a madwoman I always feel better, like I got my frustrations out on something useful. Haha.

Oh Mandie September 19, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

Oooh if you're nesting that means you're going to pop really really soon!!

When I was preggers with Gage I got up at 3am from a dead sleep to scrub the shower walls down. - I hope your nesting isn't as bad as mine was!

Tia Colleen September 19, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Man, I better not pop soon! I've got 3 months to go! Haha. I did think it was a little weird that I was nesting so soon, but, the house looks great and I'm getting a lot done, I shouldn't question it, haha.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets excited for BUST day. I know my sister in law, hybridhopes feels the same too, spaceoddities :)

irene, push your canisters this way! *holding rag and ready to scrub!*

kim you should totally start. Its addicting though. But like I said, totally inspiring and motivating.

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings September 19, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

tia, you can come clean my house I need it bad. and here's the link for that giveaway sorry it didn't work http://www.babystylewatch.com/2008/09/babe-is-born-giveaway.html

Jennifer September 19, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

god I hope I'm not nesting, but I definitely cleaned the whole house today! I had a small battle with my vacuum but I think I won.

love that collage print!

Hybrid Hopes September 21, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

Except Bust had Sarah Silverman on the cover. Fail.

Post a Comment