Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Reason number 294 why I love Etsy.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A few months ago, I was wasting time in the Etsy Etc forum (seriously, when am I not?), and I stumbled upon a wonderful thread... an etsy baby shower? I wasn't sure how it worked, because it seemed far too good to be true, so I sent out a quick convo, and before I knew it, I was getting contacted by a couple of gracious etsy sellers offering to send me and my Charlie some of their handmade creations.


The first package that arrived in the mail for me, was sent from mypinkeareddog. She was due to have her own baby at any second, so rather than sending me something handmade by herself, she sent me over to one of my favorite shops, beanpicklesprout, and let me pick out my own gifts! How generous is that?? I think we got 2 onesies, and a bib (my memory has kind of developed a sort of fog). And to top off the insane amounts of giving, beanpicklesprout tossed in a handmade pot holder for mama. Aww!

My 2nd package that arrived, was from etsy seller TweedleBee. A soft and cuddly lovey, perfect for Charlie to snuggle. I must have rubbed it against my cheek 100 times before setting it next to the stairs to take up to Charlie's room. This was before we knew Charlie was a Charlie though. He was still potentially a Lucy. Either way, it would be any newborns favorite cuddle buddy and drool partner.

And then when I was least expecting it, I got another package? Who's this one from, I wonder. Miss jessicajane? But she wasn't even signed up to participate in the baby shower. Shes just that kind. She sent me a beautiful travel bib made by Odannysgirl! Up until this point, Eleanore refused to wear bibs. But ever since baby brother Charlie had gotten one in the mail, she just had to have one too. So now at every meal, she asks for her own bib to wear, which is just fine by me. Talk about a win-win. We've had far less stains to work at because of this...

Last night when I got home from a short shift at work, there was a nice little white box waiting for me. I took it upstairs with me, sat down near the tub where Eleanore and Christopher were playing in bubbles, and tore it open with grace. SudsNSuch had sent me a perfect little gift set. A bar of handmade baby soap, wrapped up in pretty decorated paper, and 2 handmade blue washcloths. Funny that I opened it right there next to a tub full of bubbles.
I'd just like to say thank you to each and every one of you.

6 comments:

BeckyKay November 4, 2008 at 11:24 AM  

Those travel bibs are awesome! I gave one to my sister when my nephew was born last year. She loves it!

Anonymous,  November 4, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

Congratulations on the new baby!

I heart the Etsy baby shower! I have participated as a shop in 3 or 4 and was lucky enough to be a mommy for one too. JessicaJane is a doll and I'm so glad you like the travel bib she got for you. Being part of little surprises is so fun for me!

beckykay - Thank you also! I'm so glad your little nephew is getting good use out of his travel bib :)

Hybrid Hopes November 4, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

the crafty world is so generous.

when's is that boy gonna get here?

Anonymous,  November 4, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

I love this post! I think it is amazing that folks are so generous (I really shouldn't be amazed, but I am). I hope you keep finding more goodies in the mail!

LeaKarts November 4, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

Aw! That is so sweet and generous of everyone, it is making me tear up a little :) And they're not even my gifts! That is so awesome.

PAC November 4, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

An Etsy Baby Shower!!! wow!! That is soo sweet and so much fun!! LOVE all the fantastic handmade goodies you received!!

Post a Comment