Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Charles Vincent.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How can I put into type how much I love my son? I can't even get over the fact that I just wrote the word "son". I had to look at the keyboard to make sure I was spelling it right. One of my best friends, Miss Kristen, picked me up at 8am, and after a quick picture party in her car, we were on our way to Abilene Regional to have a baby. The plan was for Christopher, my mother, and my precious Elie Sue to meet up with us there around 11:00, an hour before my scheduled c-section. When Kristen and I got there, they asked me "are you here for your c-section?". I answered with a yes, even though I was only there for blood work, and my surgery wasn't for another 4 hours. Even when the nurse said "get undressed, we'll get your iv hooked up, and then we'll take you back and have a baby!", I still wasn't in tune with the idea that it might be happening much sooner than I expected. And then I get a funny phone call, from Christopher? Hes at home, and he says "guess who just called me?". I don't know, who. "Labor and delivery". Really, why? "They're ready to do your c-section now". Oh OK. Wait... right now?

Then before I know it, Christopher is in front of me putting on scrubs, I've got an iv in my wrist, and I'm holding a shot of what I can only describe as grape vomit that I'm supposed to drink in order to prevent my lungs from burning if I throw up during the surgery. I managed to get away with not drinking it last time, but this time I put on my big girl panties and went through with it. All eyes were on me as I struggled in silence for 5 minutes following, trying my best to keep it down. And then with a handful of tubes and wires, I was wheeled down to the operating room of doom, where I'd feel every second of my spinal, and nearly pass out from the extreme nausea and lung tightening once it took effect. I don't know what I would have done without Christopher. He was my rock through all of it. Usually they don't let the husband in the room during the spinal, according to a baby story at least, but he was there right in front of me, reminding me to breathe the entire time. He commented multiple times on the ridiculous amount of sweat pouring off of my body, but other than that, he was amazing. Thank you honey, I would have died if you hadn't been there. All of it was worth it though, when they finally announced that his head (covered in hair) was finally out, shortly followed by the final call of "Its a boy!".
They held him up over the blue curtain for me to see, and I cried uncontrollably until he left the room with Christopher and the nurses. I don't remember much after that. I closed my eyes and replayed that very moment in my head over and over again for the next hour until he was finally in my arms. I'm in love. Charles Vincent was born on December 26th, at 10:15 am, 20 inches long, 7 pounds 10 ounces. And hes absolutely one hundred percent, perfect.

29 comments:

BeckyKay December 30, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

Oh my gosh, Tia!! He is so stinkin' perfect and beautiful!

Congratulations!!!! I'm getting all teary-eyed!

Jaime/GirlLovesGloss December 30, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

Hes absolutly beautifull! Good job both of you!!

jessicajane December 30, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

awww. this made me all teary eyed!

i love the photo of Elie getting held up to see Charlie.

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... December 30, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

We have a Charlie too and I agree, they are the best! Beautiful little boy!

LeaKarts December 30, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

Aw!!! What a sweetie-cutie-pie! Good job, mama!

Ladybuggz December 30, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby :o)

Keala Legacy December 30, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is beautiful... just like his sister... and he has the most beautiful bronze colored hair!

Great job Mommy, Daddy and Big Sister!

Maggie December 30, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

Congrats! He looks fabulous! (By the way, you look great too, not at all like someone who just had surgery.)

Your description brought tears to my eyes, too.

UniqueNurseGranny December 30, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

So precious.Glad Christopher was there for you.Good job Mommy

MM December 30, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

congrats, little duckies!

Andrea Hatfield December 30, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

Glad everything went well. He's gorgeous! Congratulations =)

Beki - TheRustedChain December 30, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

Oh Tia, what a perfectly gorgeous little man!!!

Congratulations to you and your sweet family.

God bless you guys!!

kcroteau December 30, 2008 at 2:54 PM  

Congratulations!!!! He's adorable!

Unknown December 30, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

He IS perfect. . .Thanks for updating us.

We've been waiting to hear. . .

Congrats!

Little Crit December 30, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

Congratulations, Tia and Christopher! He is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're gonna love having a princess and little man.....

Sherry December 30, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

Yes, he is perfect. Peace and health for your lovely family in the new year.

Anonymous,  December 30, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

What a cutie! Congratulations!

Anonymous,  December 30, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

Congratulations! And look at that head of hair! He's a beautiful baby boy!!

Zu-Li Designs December 30, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

Congrats! He's so cute! I'm so happy for you both!

Annie Rose December 30, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

Oh, he is SO BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations! :) You've got a perfect little family now. ENJOY EVERY SECOND! (and take lots of pictures so we can see... heh)

Kristen December 30, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

He's pretty freaking amazing! I loved every minute of those days. I'm so excited that Mr. CHAR LAY is here so I can start spoiling him. You did such an amazing job while you were in the hospital; especially drinking the grape vomit!

Anonymous,  December 31, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

Aww Tia! he is almost as beautiful as my new nephew! Kari will be a wonderfull mom and Charlie is lucky that you are his. Im so glad it all went well for you and mr Charlie. I love the way you use your words, its like you are painting a picture.... you've always been that way. Congrats again and happy new year!

Corrie December 31, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

he is gorgeousness! congrats =)

five dot design December 31, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

fantastic... and i love those smooshie little cheeks!

Auntie Dis January 1, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Awwwwwwww! Congratulations! He's BEAUTIFUL!

T.Allen January 2, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

Perfection. I wish you guys all the very best in 2009 and beyond.

The Bookish Life January 4, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

congratulations christopher and tia! he's perfect.

Unknown January 5, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

oh wooooow...yay for baby! :-)

he's lovely.

Post a Comment