Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

On My Mind...

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This morning I was visiting Alita over at Da Mainiacs, and she had written a calm and lovely post that I thought might be nice to join in on. See I had woken up earlier today with a little bit of what I'd like to call a Tylenol Pm hangover. I haven't taken the stuff in almost 2 years, and it seemed to hit me quite hard. Today I'm milking my coffee for all its worth, and dragging along trying to get by with what little energy I have...

Outside my window... its raining. There are puddles in the streets, and the dead grass is slowly coming to life. The kids are of course upset, because even though there has been background noise with the words "puddle stomping" popping up on occasion, the air is still too cold for rain boot play dates. If the rain stops, I'll try to release them into the open garage for some quality time with the big plastic play house, but for the most part, it looks like they'll be staying inside all day long, again. And this does not make for happy babies.

I am thinking... about what I'd like to accomplish today. How I should maybe make a to do list, but whenever I do, I get easily overwhelmed by it, and end up doing none of the things that I had wished I would have done.

I am thankful for... my husband leaving me with over half of a french press of coffee in it. Typically I drink only half a mug, more milk than coffee, but today I'm going to be alternating cups of water with cups of Joe, just like I would in my younger days.

I am wearing... pajamas. Blue fleece pants covered in snowflakes, and a plain heather grey Air Force shirt. I might get up and put on my yoga pants, to help me feel more human, but that probably won't happen until I take another trip up the stairs, in an hour or more. I do need to go up there to help Eleanore make her bed, and get the kids dressed, but- just one more sip of coffee.

I am remembering... last spring. All of the day trips that we'd take down the street to the "big puddle" by the park. The days before Charlie could walk, the days before Charlie could talk, the days when he'd just happily sit in the stroller and absorb his surroundings. This year will we need to buy him little rain boots of his very own? Hes not that good at walking yet, and I doubt there is a boot out there that will fit him. I think he'll have to wait until next spring for his first pair. Patience, little Charlie, patience.

I am creating... a life. Every day I feel a kick or two more than I felt the day before. In a week, next Monday, we'll be able to find out the gender, if the bean cooperates. Last night was the first night I setup and slept with my pregnancy nest. A series of 4 pillows, placed in very specific locations all around my body, to help with my discomforts.

I am going... to get up and do housework at some point today. The kitchen doesn't clean itself, and the toys don't put themselves away. Eleanore does a good job of putting away the crayons and books, but all of the little things that get scattered from the toy box to the dining room table, won't sprout legs and walk themselves back to their bins.

I am reading... The Time Travelers Wife. But I'm not doing a very good job at it. I started it while I was at the doctors a little over a week ago, but haven't opened it up since. Its due back at the library in a week, so I better get to turning the pages. Today is a good day for that. We'll see. I'll set it out here on the printer so that I'm more likely to see it as the day goes on.

I am hoping... that whatever it is that managed to sneak its awful self into my tummy the other day, was a one time occurrence. A surprise gluten attack not only takes away from me, but it takes away from my family. It leaves me useless. Thank goodness I have a loving husband who understands not only what I need when it happens, but how to go about it without making me feel guilty. From the moment he got home last night, he took care of the kids without any questioning, and let me rest all night. He didn't ask a single thing of me.

On my mind... love. Friday is mine and Christopher's 4 year wedding anniversary. Neither of us have any plans. No little cards or gifts, no special meals or desserts to eat, no real plans for celebration at all. What could I possibly do to show him how much I appreciate and need him?

Noticing that... my coffee has gone cold while writing this.

Pondering these words... "I love you". See, still stuck on the love thing.

From the kitchen... I can hear the stove calling my name. I ignored it all day yesterday, while I layed on the couch in all of my wheat-toxic suffering. I should bake something today. Muffins, maybe? Or maybe a nice casserole for dinner?

Around the house... we play. This morning an empty toy bin was a train. First Eleanore sat in it, scooting herself along, while Charlie held onto the back and moved forward with her. And then it was his turn to sit in the bin, while Eleanore slid him around on the hard wood floors.

One of my favorite things... is the ocean. A few weeks ago I thought it would be fun to take a road trip, so I asked my friend how far away it was. "7 hours", she replied, after doing a quick google search on her netbook. Seven, hours? Well scratch that then. I can't imagine being stuck in the van for that long, for anything. But the sound of crashing waves, and sand between all of our toes, and seashells! Is seven hours really that far?

A few plans for the rest of the week... are undecided. I've learned to stop making plans. At this point in my pregnancy, my day to day is never predictable. The only plans we have, are to have fun, enjoy our time together, and keep our sanity. Ok that and I really need to make a WIC appointment.

A picture that I would like to share...


The other day, after visiting the largest rattlesnake roundup in the world (yes, you read that correctly), we took a dusty walk through a mosquito infested campground to a carnival. There, at the end of our journey, we found what can only be described by Eleanore as- the merry go round treasure. This was both Eleanore and Charlie's first time going on a ride, and the magic was obvious. Tears were shed when it was time to get off, but promises to ride another time were made and set in stone.

8 comments:

rite March 16, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

I love your blogs... i look forward to them!

The Girl Made From Color March 16, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

I love reading about you life. Sounds just as hectic as mine eventhough you stay home and I don't. I always wanted to be a SAHM, but never because I thought it would be easier than what I am doing. I love the pic on the merry go round. My kids haven't been on one in almost a year. Time to go again!

Alita March 16, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

First- I love that picture! So very innocent and FUN.

Second- Finish the Time Traveler's wife. YOU won't be sorry. It has become one of my favorite pieces of contemporary literature. I want to read again in fact.

Third- How sweet of you to link up to me anyway. :)

Fourth- 7 hours away from the ocean is a lot closer than my distance. Yet I do have the great lakes in my reach. Just a 2 hour drive to my favorite beach town on Lake Huron and then only an hour more to the Mackinac bridge. Gotta love fresh water. Well sorta fresh...

Unknown March 16, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

This was just so beautiful. I just so happened to open a few tabs of other blogs at the same time, and went to read yours first, and music started playing. I couldn't figure out which tab it was coming from, but it was a beautiful voice of a girl singing "Hallelujah" and it fit for reading your post perfectly. I may just shed a few tears from the beauty of it. I must do this post.

They call me mommy... March 16, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

First off...I love this post and I am stealing it!(=
Second..Julie just got rain boots yesterday and she has been begging me to make it rain so she can go in the puddles too, and my son who didn't get rain boots because he didn't want any untill he saw how much sissy LOVED hers (& b/c they didn't have his size) also wants to "splish splash" and has decided to steal her boots if I do not get him some! so I know that feeling (=
Third... AHHH the nest, I had 2 body pillows and my "flumpy" feather pillow to make my little bed nest that took up more than my share of the bed which I explained to my hubby was b/c the baby was taking up more than their share of my body so he would have to get over it! LOL (= *memories*
Last but not least... I love the picture of your "merry go round treasure", too cute!

CraftGirlAlli March 16, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

love the picture!

and...7hrs is nothing! We just drove 16hrs to see the ocean! It's so worth it!!

Adrienne March 16, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

This is such a lovely post, I am going to steal it too!

Even though you say you don't have a to-do list or make plans I'm forever inspired by the amount you get accomplished in one day with two babies and one on the go.

I want to read The Time Travelers Wife too, it's on my list. I'm reading Love in the Time of Cholera right now, it's really really good and hard to put down!

Colleen March 16, 2010 at 5:22 PM  

What a great post.

The ocean... we didn't get to see the ocean at all last year, so we are hoping for an overdose of oceans this summer.

I loved Time Traveler's Wife, but I still haven't seen the movie. Maybe I should add that to my list of rainy day activities.

Post a Comment