Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday: Marilyn

Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm trying to take a vacation from my computer today, since hubby has the day off, and then will be gone all weekend taking his motorcycle safety class (more on that later, believe me). So, today's Flashback will be short. I didn't rummage through the photo box out in the pantry, instead I glanced through my Flick account and pulled the first one that made me say "oh yeah, that". Plus I've got to hurry up and get this posted before our morning walk (beat the heat!), since I didn't get it posted last night (I was watching Dear John, which I thought was actually better than the book).



Hey, remember when I was blond? For all of 3 weeks? Yeah it didn't last very long, haha. But at least back then I still had the decency to wear my bright red MAC lipstick and use a curling iron. Not these days (I haven't worn makeup in months), friends. I've traded in my fashion for function. I need an excuse to dress up, don't I? You and me both, I bet.

*******************************
If you'd like to play along, upload a photo or video to your blog, facebook, twitpic, whatever- write a little blurb to go along with it, and then come here and add your link to the list! We've got a button you can attach to your post (wayyy down there at the bottom of the page), or you can make an old fashioned text link (either way works just fine), to blend your readers with mine in flashback reading bliss.


22 comments:

Anika May 28, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

What a fun photo!! I have often thought of going blond...did you notice a difference in how people interacted with you??

I am totally hooked on these flashbacks by the way... I found myself looking forward to the day and reading all of your readers posts. Thanks for all you do!

CourtneyKeb May 28, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

Function is hotter anyway! ;)

Fallon May 28, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

I'm digging the blonde hair =)

Alyssa S. May 28, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

It's strange seeing you with blond hair! Whoever did it did a great job. For some reason, even though I was extremely blond as a kid, I look HORRIBLE now with blond hair. You look very cute, but I think I like you with darker hair better.

Colleen May 28, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

The tatoos, hair and mac makeup all reminds me of my sister. She's still single and has time for all of that. :)

Oh Mandie May 28, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

ahhhh! I totally wish I had the guts to go blonde, even if for only 3 weeks! So, in those 3 weeks, did you have more fun than normal?

Anonymous,  May 28, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

I love the blonde <3 One day I'll post a pic from when my hair was dark red for all of like three weeks. Oh yeah.

xx

Christina May 28, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

So cute. :) I like it! I also like your dark and red hair. I have never tried to go fully blond. My hair is a medium dark brown and I was afraid it wouldn't look good and might be orange instead of blond. I used to have thick blond streaks in my hair in HS that I did myself though. :P

Lynn May 28, 2010 at 10:04 AM  

Hey Marilyn! LOL....Too funny! Mommyhood makes us all tone down our efforts in the hair color department. I have a nice shade of gray setting in these days! HAHAHA.

Melissa May 28, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

I went blonde once.. it didn't work well for me at all LOL.

Great photo :-)

Loddelina May 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Silly me, I just posted under last week's flashback...

You were blond?! Oh yes, I remember the days I could spend hours in the bathroom getting ready - now I'm lucky to have five minutes to myself before some little hands start knocking on the door...

lollywood May 28, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

I had a time with blonde hair, too! Decided to join in the fun and post it over at my blog! I added it to the links :)

Devon May 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

i like the blonde.... i wish i would've been brave enough to do my hair in fun ways!

don't blame you for not wearing make up! it's such a hassle!

Lacey May 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

Oh Tia, you are too beautiful for words. You got me itchin' for some more ink and a new tube of bright red lipstick!

Chana@ Mamma Town May 28, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

Your hair in that pic is just about the same as mine now! You look amazing as a blonde! Lucky girl who can pull of any color;)

Chelsey - The Paper Mama May 28, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

Love the red lipstick. I have managed to get some makeup on some days.... Really just mascara. I think I look tired without it. Silly huh?

Oh, and I think you asked a question last week about my humming bird feeder. Totally spaced! Yes, we get a ton of birds on it! They come all day long. And, between the ants and the humming birds we refill it every 4 or 5 days. :)
Our bird mix is: 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of sugar.

Danielle @ We Have It All May 28, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

Hello! I just found your blog & I am lovin' Flashback Friday! This will be fun. I love your photo & I can't wait to read more :)

Spittin-Toad May 28, 2010 at 5:44 PM  

Ahh, Those were the days...I remember changing my hair color, just for the fun of it...now I do it to cover the gray...but I do use three colors...just to feel a little SASSY! :)

considerthelillies May 28, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

you look good in blonde hair too! I was blonde for several years in the 80's, but I did it myself and it was not the best look for me! When I went to dye it back to brown the whole bottom 4 inches of my hair turned green!

Rogue Wild May 29, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

what a cute pic!!

I use to be blond, for years! then red, then dark, then red w/ blond streaks lol ... maybe you could do a theme day & we could all put up collages of all our hair color changes lol

Tia May 30, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

Hey darling first of all! Nice lipstick! 2nd of all my name's Tia too, so I gotta join your blog! lol

Tia May 30, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

Hi Tia! 1st of all love the lipstick! 2nd of all my name's Tia too so I have to follow your blog!

Post a Comment