Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Wordless Wednesday- Tonka Loves Brownie

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

(I don't think I've ever participated in Wordless Wednesday, but I like the idea of it. Only... if a picture is worth 1,000 words, and I take 50 pictures- well my Wordless Wednesdays aren't going to be so Wordless, are they? Should I call this Not So Wordless Wednesday, then? Or what if I just hide my words in these sneaky parentheses, does that do the trick? Right? Know what I mean?)


(See? How can I let a face like that go without a caption.)

(A few days weeks ago- actually... it was a month ago now- the babies and I went outside for a nice morning play date in the front yard. I brought out Charlie's trucks, cars, and trains, for us to drive along the concrete. Those are things that Eleanore likes too, so it wasn't as if she was without. Plus, she always has her imaginary friends by her side, Piglet and Donkey- I didn't feel guilty about the lack of ribbons and bows in attendance.)

(Soon the air started warming up, and our tummies started grumbling. I had just made a fresh batch of banana sweetened brownies earlier that morning, so we packed up the trucks and trains, and headed inside for a snack. Or... well at least I thought we packed them all up...)



(Mr. Charlie seemed to have snuck one away somewhere, and when I lifted him into his high chair, I somehow still missed seeing it there in his hand. I went into the kitchen, brought back a plate of brownies- a solid one for Elie, and cut up bites for Charlie. I served the princess hers, and then slid the bits and pieces leftover onto the high Chair tray. Still... I didn't see the red Tonka.)



(And then like a low hum coming from I-wasn't-sure-where, I started to hear a blurry "vroom vroom". Not the actual sound, the way it would sound coming from an actual engine, but more like, one of the babies was making that sound with their mouth?)



(Oh. I see now.)

(Little Charlie by this point, had completely demolished his brownie. He had driven his red Tonka through every speck of moist chocolate available to Tonka's tires. He was having a great time, by the way, driving Tonka back and forth back and forth, vroom vroom'ing up a sugary storm. Who needs to actually eat their snack, when instead you can turn it into a racetrack?)

(And I have to admit, I was kind of proud of him. Brownies are dark in color, the way dirt is. And big trucks drive on dirt, right? And... wow. Having a little boy is so much different than having a little girl. This was the exact moment that it dawned on me.)



(Sticky little fingers, guilty as charged.)



(Oh go on, have your fun. Play in the dirt all you want. How could I say no to a face like that? Make monster sized tracks all over that tray. You couldn't possibly be any cuter.)



(So this is what being the Mother to a little boy is all about.)

(And I'm sure this is just the beginning
*said with an honest to God smile*.)

19 comments:

Casey May 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

cute little chubby hands, awww.
And, thanks for letting me know it was Wednesday, I forgot and thought it was Thursday already, haha.

Alyssa S. May 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

So sweet, in many, many ways :) I'd be glad it was only chocolate. Last evening I found Amelia in the backyard standing in the biggest muddy spot between the new sod laid down in part of our backyard, squishing her toes in it. I washed her feet off, only to find her 10 minutes later doing it again!

beka May 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

Oh, he's a dear;)
Brownies? Ohmagosh you're making me hungry. Guess that means I need to grab a snack or something.
Lovely "wordless" wednesday, Tia! It's quite fun to do those once in a while, I have to say. :)

They call me mommy... May 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

AWW! Precious! and I totally didn't even notice the words, that sure is a nifty way of hiding them! He has the most adorable little cheeks!!!! Love the pictures and you are soooo right about boys being different than little girls, what a prime example! LOL Cuteness!!

Lacey May 19, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Two things:

#1 I LOVE the words "hidden" by parenthesis. Hey, it's your blog - you make the rules!

#2 I LOVE the depth of field in picture #3. It's definitely frameworthy.

Yea, love this post. :)

Chana@ Mamma Town May 19, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

I think "wordless" is impossible when you are a blogger! I loved this post, I can't wait to have a boy someday and learn all about dirt and bugs! Little stinker:)

Rogue Wild May 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

I'm kinda partial, I think boys rock! I was so happy when I found out I was having a boy ... playing in the dirt, the mud, with rocks and bugs, crawling through and over and into ... happy sigh =o) and as they get older and can ride their motorcycles in it, over it, through it, it just keeps getting better =o) I wouldn't trade my boys for anything =o) (I was really nervous about having a little girl, I kept thinking "I'm such a tomboy, just my luck I'll end up with a real girly girl and she'll hate me for putting her in jeans lol")

CourtneyKeb May 19, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Brownies were the most appropriate snack to go along with truck driving, Mah. DUUUHHHH.

So very sweet, really!

Danielle May 19, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

He is a cutie. Looks like Lo when she's just had oreos, LOL.

There is also a wordful Wednesdays, maybe you should link up with that too ;)

Chelsey - The Paper Mama May 19, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

Ha, I don't think I've ever seen a Wordless Wednesday without words. They should be called Wordy Wordless Wednesdays. Love your "wordless" Wednesday. ;)

Colleen May 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Yeah... I'm no good at "wordless" wednesday's either. A wordless Monday would be perfect (I'm tired), but by Wednesday, I'm downright chatty.

considerthelillies May 19, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

I just got so choked up looking at those precious pics! Charlie is so sweet and loving his car! My grandson Kavi has been obsessed with cars and makes the vroom vroom sound too! So nice to chronicle these simple and happy times!

Mommy Elephant Sarah May 20, 2010 at 3:36 AM  

Heart melt! What a great post! That Charlie! He is a clever one!! :)

Oh Mandie May 20, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

My opinion is biased, obviously, but having boys is always an advernture... a chocolaty, tonka tire tracked adventure.

And oh my is Charlie just stinkin' adorable ... even messy I want to cuddle him! (And I hate chocolate!)

Alita May 20, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

The brownie actually looks like dirt and those chubby little hands have me in a puddle of cute overload.

OMG Tia! What a fun post :)

...

on another note it is weird sometimes to type out your name cause all my nephew and nieces call me Tia. I hear it all the time. :) Good name!

Desiree May 20, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

Oh man.. I'm sure you hear this all the time but his CHEEKS are so sweet!!

soul_searching_mama May 20, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

ADORABLE! :) And I swear boys inherently know how to make car and engine noises from birth. It must be in the genetics.

Memoirs of a Mental Mind June 24, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

I have 2 boys...some day's I want that lil girl..but most days I just want that 3rd mama's boy! ;)

Girls are trouble! I should know! ;) hehe

Post a Comment