Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

(never a) Wordless Wednesday: SSgt Daddy

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

(Does anybody remember this post from wayyy back in May of 2009, in which I mention Christopher testing to make Staff Sergeant? Or maybe this post, from last August, a whole year ago, in which he actually made it?)



(Well, today was the big day. He actually got to put on his new stripes, and he now proudly wears his hard earned new rank of SSgt.)

(And if you couldn't tell, by Eleanore's fit of shy laughter, we're all so very proud of him.)



(We weren't able to go to his promotion ceremony, so these are the only pictures I have. And it turns out there wasn't a photographer of any sort at the ceremony either, so, these are the only pictures that exist.)

(And just for fun. How do you think he got to the ceremony?)

(...he rode his motorcycle, haha.)

(While wearing his dress uniform.)

(In the rain.)



("But whats that paper for, Daddy?")



("Its my proof.")



("Oh Daddy, you're so funny! Tee hee, tee hee.")

(And just as I was in the middle of pressing my finger down on the trigger, clicking photo after photo-)



(I fell down, *smack*, straight onto my ass.)

(I quickly looked around to make sure none of the neighbors saw, because- have you ever seen an 8 month pregnant whale fall on her big floopy be-hind? Its not funny.)

(But it is.)

(But it isn't.)

(Christopher was a gentlemen, and stretched his arm out to help me up.)

(And now lets change the subject, shall we?)

(While we were out there, we made a friend...)



(I had to sneak up on him from behind, for fear of him hopping directly onto my face.)



(Isn't he gorgeous? In a totally weird I-hate-bugs-but-I-know-this-one-won't-hurt-me, sort of way?)



(Alright, new grasshopper friend, its starting to rain, and I just fell down in front of everyone on my street, who I know were all probably just standing around peeking out of their front windows, trying to catch a glimpse of my insanely sexy husband in his snazzy dress uniform, while I was trying to balance my enormous giant sea creature sized body in a squat position, but instead took an ass dive into the pavement. We'll leave you alone now. I'm sure you've got fun grasshopper things to do anyways...)

(Congratulations, Christopher!! I hope you like the celebration carrot cake that I baked for you)

(And um, honey? ...be ready to take me to the ER in the middle of the night if that fall did indeed break one of my internal organs. Dangit.)

19 comments:

Mrs. Mommy June 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

Many congrats to you hubby! My hubby was scheduled to test this year, but they have lost his testing materials...twice...so we aren't sure when he'll actually get his chance to test. Hoping that it will be soon, but you know the Air Force. 'Hurry up and wait' should be the motto. :0) Especially in Idaho. :0)

Many, many congrats to you and your family too. Goodness knows it takes the support of a great family to do what our hubbys do!

Lacey June 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

Congrats to Christopher!! Whoop!

Sorry about the fall, Mama. :(

Megan June 30, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

YAY! Congrats, Christopher!

Unknown June 30, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

Congrats SSGT!
Here's hoping you dont wake up sore tomorrow from your tumble. I lid down the stairs on my bum at 8months. That belly sure can throw up a girls balance, hm?

Colleen June 30, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

Congrats to your hubby! Doesn't that waiting time between the message that says he's made it to the actual pinning seem forever!?

Forgive me for laughing at your fall. Hope your bum feels better soon! :)

soul_searching_mama June 30, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

Congrats to Christopher!! And I'm sorry you fell down. BUT if anyone WAS peaking out of their windows, it was to catch a glimpse of sexy Tia! I promise! :) That carrot cake sounds delicious!

April June 30, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

Yay Christopher! Congrats! Did someone say carrot cake???

Chana@ Mamma Town June 30, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

Many congrats to your husband and your family!! That is so awesome girl! And good luck with that booty bump! Haha!

Alyssa S. June 30, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

YAY for one more stripe and all that goes along with it :) I'm actually shocked there was no photographer there! I can't think of a single event like that for my Dad, brother or hubby where they didn't have pics, even when my brother got promoted in the middle of the desert in Iraq.

I got a pic of a little buggy friend like yours, only it was at night in horrible lighting with a crappy camera...so yours is much better than mine!

Johanna June 30, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

First off I must say ( if it's ok) that yes your hubby does look mighty fine in the uniform...just had to say it! Congrats SSgt Christopher.
Second, you have me laughing at your description of falling on your behind.... I can only picture you Tia!
Many hugs to you!!!!!! xoxo

Jess Craig June 30, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

yay to your cute husband!

Oh Mandie June 30, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

Yeah, I definatly have to agree, your husband does look mighty fine in uniform. Congrats Christopeher!!

beka June 30, 2010 at 11:49 PM  

Sweet! Congrats:)
And lovely pictures--hope you're okay and no serious bruises. Youch.
Ha. Ha. Ha. You definitely have a fine-looking, hard-working hubby:)
Aaaaand I'm happy for you!

Mommy Elephant Sarah July 1, 2010 at 3:38 AM  

We have lots of grasshoppers here, but none that look like that. That one is a beauty!

Congrats to Christopher!

Devon July 1, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

congrats to christopher! you must be proud! :)

i can't believe you only have 39 days left... wow!

Rogue Wild July 1, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

omg Tia that is so funny!! not that actual fact that you ass-kissed the sidewalk, but the way you described it ... and while I was recovering from that you hit me with the grasshopper hopping onto your face and set me off again, in tears I tell ya!!!

WAY TO GO CHRISTOPHER!!! YOU ROCK!!!

Sara July 1, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

Congrats to Christopher! Love the pic of him offering you his hand- such a gentleman.
I always thought that God gave me more behind than most people because He knew I would need the extra padding. :)

They call me mommy... July 4, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

Congrats Christopher! What wonderful pictures too! I love little Ellie's smile (= too sweet!

P.s. you are just great, by the way!Hope you didn't hurt yourself to bad. *feel better*

TexasBobbi July 5, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Congrats, sad you couldn't make it to the ceremony.

Post a Comment