Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

We Were On The News

Monday, May 16, 2011

I really couldn't think of a clever title for this post. And I don't have any pictures to go with it, either. Usually all of my entries have pictures, heaps of them. But- yeah so we were on the news?

I'm a little ticked off at the news anchor, for not giving us a chance to view it before it aired, like she had promised she would, or even giving us a heads up as to which night it would be showing. But to be fair though, I never got back to her about doing an interview after the initial filming. She had emailed me during the week of all of my hospital tests, and I meant to respond, but just didn't. She could have maybe attempted a second time though, right? Come on lady.

So back in March, on our anniversary actually, Christopher's Dad and Brother were in town visiting, and I thought it would be nice for us all to go out for a night, rather than me having to slave in the kitchen again (because I don't know about you, but when you're a guest somewhere, you at least offer to help with the dishes or clear the table once in awhile, right? ...pffft, thats what I thought). Well it just so happened that my good friend Marlene had been talking to a gal down at the news station, who found out about our situation who knows how, and when Marlene had mentioned to said news gal that we were coming in, news gal wanted to film us eating.

It was weird.

But not as weird as I thought it would be?

They were there waiting for us when we walked in (which, we felt like total rockstars, not having to wait for a table- I love you Marlene), and then they were moving about and setting up shot from different angles as we were eating. It took all of 5 minutes to get used to it. I totally see how people can be on reality shows now. One minute there is a camera in your face, the next minute- ehh, there is a camera in my face so what.

They had to get most of my close up face shots from my bad angle, didn't they? With my big ol' toothy grin. Rad. And like my friend Lacey said ..."wheres Christopher?". Good question!

I had asked them not to use our last name, and not to get any shots of the babies faces for blogger-stalker reasons, which they went along with for the most part. Charlie is driving his cars around in the opening shot, and really you mostly see the back of his head, so I say its acceptable.

Did everyone see the shot of Eleanore salting and peppering her steamed baby carrots? Oh my gosh, she went on and on and on about how much of a big girl she was (clearly I'm not handing her salt and pepper shakers at the dinner table here at our house, she'd be eating bowl after bowl of sea minerals).

Oh wait. Guess you kinda need to watch it first right?
Here goes...

If I could embed the video here, I would, but- oh my gosh, what a pain its been trying to figure out how. Just click the link?

Food Allergies Keep Family at Home, Abilene Restaurant Helps Out

Sooo, yep. We were on Tv.

Post a Comment